What’s planned for 2018
2018 is an exciting and daunting year for the hospitality industry. The sector has a client base which are not one homogenous group. This is also the same for employees. If 2017 was characterised by change, perhaps more so than ever, in 2018 businesses must reflect the diversity of customers and teams.
- Discussion Dens – Monthly ‘Think Tank’ type events with the aim to discuss and debate core issues impacting the Hospitality Industry – whether the progress of sustainability, the people plan, mental health, the role of legacy etc. Find out more.
- ‘Beyond the Model’ – The development of teams, culture and values to drive performance and allow new leaders to emerge.
Good cultures = innovation = increased productivity and good people = increased profits.
- ‘Hospitality Social Good Awards’ – To celebrate and show us all how we can adapt and embrace to grow businesses together and contribute more to society. Reason? – To celebrate and raise awareness of the role businesses in hospitality play by delivering support and raising funds. – To raise the profile of people and social good in the sector. – To challenge others to think and act differently. – To make a difference. Find out more about ‘Social Good’.
- Crista Cullen MBE and Elephant Conservation Gala Dinner – May 2018. Crista is a Olympic Gold Medal winning English field hockey player. Her life and work today has turned towards elephant conservation. A recent resurgence of illegal poaching of elephants in Africa, primarily for their ivory but also for meat and in retaliation for human-elephant conflict, is resulting in the serious decline of both forest and savanna elephant populations, posing an immediate risk to the survival of the species. Find out more.
- Royal Academy of Culinary Arts Charity Dinner – March 2018. EP is supporting the RACA with a dinner and Q&A with a leading chef to support the future of the industry through education and training young people. The RACA educates school children with the ‘Adopt a School trust’ and EP organises the calendar event of the year which fundraises for this charity. A photo gallery of last year’s dinner with celebrated chef Brian Turner can be viewed on EP’s website here.
- Reinvention – Working alongside individuals – whether sporting or hospitality – that want to explore new avenues and career paths. An individualised service that has experienced mentors and experts working alongside those seeking change.
To get involved or find out more, please just get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org