EP was honoured to attend the Gold Service Scholarship at Claridge’s this week, where Her Majesty the Queen presented Jennifer Santner the Gold Service Scholarship.
As part of her prize Jennifer, Restaurant Manager at Fenchurch Restaurant at Sky Garden, will have access to a year of mentoring from industry experts, the chance to work in the Royal Household and trips to Champagne and the Mondriaan Hotel School, and is an invaluable chance to refine exiting skills and learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the industry.
‘I’m overwhelmed’ said Jennifer of her win. ‘It’s great, I’m very happy and it was so close. I wanted to win it but I didn’t imagine what it would be like! It’s incredible.’
As the standard in this year’s competition was so high, as well as the top prize there were three special commendations awarded to:
- Stephanie Beresforde, Scott’s Restaurant
- James Parums, Buckingham Palace
- Christoph Schrottenbaum, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
This was the fourth annual Gold Service Scholarship awards ceremony, which emphasises the need to recognise front of house staff, and the importance that they have in the overall customer experience. The event generates huge support from across the hospitality, as the senior figures gather to pay tribute to the talent coming in. With backing from names such as Willy Bauer, Silvano Giraldin, Edward Griffiths, John Davey, Sergio Rebecchi and Alastair Storey, the scholarship is supported by a very strong foundation.
Her Majesty is also a patron of the Scholarship and praised the competition for helping to raise the profile of British hospitality and motivating the next generation.
Peter Hancock of Pride of Britain Hotels made an entertaining compere and canapes, bowl food, Champagne and wine courtesy of Claridge’s and Laurent Perrier made for a luxurious evening.
The full list of finalists were:
- Sophia Warland, RAF Odiham, Hampshire
- Christoph Schrottenbaum, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London
- Tom Noller, Sexy Fish, London
- Stephanie Beresforde, Scott’s Restaurant, London
- James Parums, Buckingham Palace, London
- Jennifer Santner, Fenchurch Restaurant at Sky Garden, London
- Innes Haywood, L’Enclume, Cumbria
- Charlie Lee, Fera at Claridge’s, London
For more information about EP’s work in the hospitality sector,
please contact Amy Lainchbury