Lets Make a Difference
This year EP is supporting the work of two great charities and another important initiative:
- The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts and their Adopt a School Programme which talks chefs into schools to talk and teach children all about great food and nutrition. In an age when obesity is such a problem (an estimated 60% of adults suffer) there is a need to get the message across about the importance of great produce and freshly cooked food. It is also a great opportunity for the industry to showcase itself and to make a genuine difference.
- Elephant Conservation in Africa. Not hospitality focused but there is more to the world that just one industry. We need to be bigger and think larger about the world and hence we are delighted to be working in support of this great cause.
- We do need to debate the hard issues. This year we launch a series of Think Tanks for both the Hotel and Food Service sectors to do exactly this and produce reports to ensure that we really are talking hard and openly about what matters.
To this end we will be leading:
- A walk from Venice to Florence in JuneEle
- A walk from Lyon to Dijon in September
- Two Black Tie Dinners in March and May
- Hosting monthly Think Tanks from March
Our aim is simple – we want to help make a difference so come and join in.
Contact Ben.Butler@epmagazine.co.uk to register interest and for more information.