Ten things which raised an eyebrow this week
Following the week in which a 4 year old girl in New Mexico was shot & killed in a road rage attack and scientists in Australia proved that crocodiles sleep with one eye open, EP brings you a round-up of some other news items, stories and events which you may have missed
- Get your shirt off! Reebok has been forced to apologise for a “design error” which led to Northern Ireland being misplaced on a UFC t-shirt, along with the incredibly poorly-worded tagline “Show your UFC territorial allegiance with this UFC Ireland map tee”
- An active ingredient found in sunscreen is killing off coral reefs all over the world, according to a study published in the Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
- Police in Santa Barbara have arrested a 22 year wedding-crasher who wreaked havoc in a 6-minute drug-induced rampage which ended in him biting both a Police officer and a Police dog before he was tackled to the floor and taken away in handcuffs
- As of April 2017 the historic Wentworth Golf Club will increase fees for existing members from £8,000 to £100,000 while hopeful new members will be charged a whopping £125,000 to sign up, up from the current £15,000 charge
- Coming to the aid of revelers who’ve been caught drink-driving, lawyer Bryan Wilson aka “the Law Hawk” treats each case with “dedicated vigilance and focused aggression”.
- GOOD DEED FEED: In a change to normal proceedings Police in Massaschusets have launched an initiative to issue 200 citations for good behaviour for such acts as wearing bicycle helmets or seatbelts, yielding to pedestrians and pausing at amber lights – each ticket can then be redeemed for 2 scoops of ice-cream at a local cafe