From Classroom to Boardroom
Generation Y has the potential to shape every life stage that they enter. Millennials grew up in a time of economic prosperity, stable divorce rates and fewer siblings. They have also lived during times of great economic uncertainty, terrible natural disasters, therefore they place value on life and self fulfilment. Millennials are simply wired differently as compared to previous generations.
The traditional hospitality leadership framework may then not fit the unpredictable and fast-paced environment that exists today.
Are we preparing the emerging leaders to be ill prepared to take command of the future? The hospitality industry needs to adjust to accomodate the new wave of Gen Y workers.
How is the hospitality sector aligning with Millennials aspirations?
Angela Vickers, CEO, Apex Hotels is going to be only one of the emerging leaders sharing her knowledge in the book “From Classroom to Boardroom” – ideas and insights from some of the Industry’s brightest emerging leaders.
Photo credits www.opticiantraining.org
The programme is a collaboration between Strathcylde, Cornell and EHL and supported by HIT Scotland. Those, whose insights will be published, includes the likes of:
- Angela Vickers – CEO, Apex Hotels
- Joanne Taylor-Stagg – General manager, London & Regional properties
- Jochem-Jan Sleiffer – Area Vice President Northern, Central and Eastern Europe at Hilton Worldwide
- Thomas Healy – Senior Vice President Asset Management – Strategic Hotels and Resorts
- Gerhard Struger – serves as Regional Vice President of Turkey and Eastern Europe at Swissotel
- Milan Arandelovic – Area General Manager Benelux – Hilton Worldwide
- Peter Stack – Head of Asset Management – Accor Hotels at Amaris Hospitality
Over 20 thought provoking studies engaging those that enjoy learning from others and seeking to expand their own knowledge.