During these strangest of times, we have found that many have just wanted to talk and share ideas. Often it is as much as trying to understand some of the very confusing messages that are being publicised. It has made life very difficult to understand.
It is a remarkably difficult landscape to understand and there are many who feel disconnected and many who do not fully understand the key trends and influences at play. There has never been a more important time to come together, share ideas, thoughts and discussion.
We have found that we have been hosting online forums three times a week that many have found of value if only to be of reassurance at this strangest of times. We have found that many have just wanted to connect and be part of something that can help them understand some of the many trends that are taking place. Many have wanted a sounding board for thoughts, and plans. Many have wanted just a confidante to talk to.
There is such a desire for networks and groups to come together and work as one. Hospitality professionals share a common love for people and wanting to make a difference and we have found that we have been contacted from all across the globe from many simply wanting to feel part of something and where they feel less isolated and alone.
We all know that this is one of the most challenging of times but with the above desire, the odds are that together we can find the right answers, the right roads forward.
Over the last few months, we have developed a number of weekly discussion forums which include:
– The Emerging Leaders Network to help provide younger talent with a voice and support
– The International Operators Forum – to share ideas and learnings from across the world
– The Scottish Forum – to provide a voice for the Scottish Industry in partnership with Catering Scotland
– The weekly discussion forum, open to all, on industry developments.
As we enter the final third of the year, we will also be promoting:
– The Community Pillar – a programme to promote the role that hospitality can play within communities
– Fuelling Productivity – the important role of foodservice will play in bringing people together
– A challenge for leadership – leadership will change and evolve in new ways
– The rising importance of hospitality education for all business
– The rising importance of all the sustainability pillars.
Working together, talking together can make a real difference so do please come and join the discussion.